At one place i work, a charity, they have been able to buy legit copies of MSO 2010 for £20 rather
than the usual approx £100.  Word is unable to handle making the Newsletter and LibreOffice can do
it with much more finesse but even though i have installed LibreOffice on their machines they
prefer to work with Word and it's glossy new ribbon.

On the older machines MSO 2007 was desperately slow.  Opening a document requires taking a
tea-break or falling asleep.  LibreOffice just opens stuff before even drumming fingers once.

They seem to think that if the proper price is £100 than it must be a lot better than something
that is free despite the evidence.