Hi Paulo,

Paulo de Souza Lima wrote on 2011-08-16 16:48:

In this discussion we must be aware that Florian wishes to separate TDF
intitutional contacts from *Community Marketing Contacts*.

exactly. Imagine that in the future the TDF has three big projects. Then there will be official TDF contacts, representing the legal entity, and contacts for each of the big projects. I really like to make a distinction between the legal entity and individual projects here - the term Community Marketing Contact does sound really good, indeed. :-)

In the other hand, I disagreee with the idea that *all* people must have
those skills you've mentioned. All of those skills seems to be in the
"business" approach. We need to understand that LibreOffice is not only
about business. There's a lot of passion and ideology in this matter. Give
to the businness approach more emphasis than the one it really has is quite
dangerous too, IMHO.

It's not only about business, it's also about cooperation and collaboration inside the community. If we have a good and skilled marketing contact, but the majority of the other contacts can't talk to her or him, because of the language barrier, that doesn't help either, because then it will be a "closed circle".

So, also in terms of communicating with community members, English is really valueable - but the proposed "gateway" approach indeed could work.

And that's why I think those issues should be discussed locally, also. And I
also think that in cases like Brazil, there should be more than one person.
performing those marketing tasks. But we have already agreed with that
earlier in this discussion.

Absolutely. The same will be true for the US and for a few other regions, I guess.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108