Hi Mateusz,
On 05/06/2013 22:08, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:
Hey Sophie

Thanks for your advice. I found what I needed.

I would like to ask one more question.

I just downloaded new daily build to check reported bugs. They, of course,
aren't fixed but that is not major. Although we didn't get LO 4.1 beta2
yet, I noticed someone updated our translations. I checked Options window
and I am a bit amazed. There are a few windows which are untranslated.
Moreover these windows remember "Sun Microsystem era" and no one from
Polish LoCo Team touched these strings. So why aren't they updated such as
a rest of software?

For your first point, Andras is updated the file on Pootle against the
template before git integration. May be you need to upload your
translation again, I've done the same. Nothing is lost, it's only that
your local files don't match the template in Pootle.

E.g.: Options > LibreOffice Writer > View / Printing; LibreOffice
Writer/Web > View / Printing.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to say, you mean you've
translated it and it's no more on Pootle?

We also have untranslated strings from new Dock Elements from Math because
of lack these string in Pootle!

It's in Pootle, I've translated this string, and if I remember well,
it's [Elements Dock]. I can't log in Pootle for the moment but I'll try
to find the string this evening.

But the worst thing is systematic messing up our work. I really hate
"Widget layout" and all manner of problems related with it. Polish language
is much more complicated than English and when developers move something,
later I got 4 suggests and I don't know what to choose. I must find string
within UI and compare it with older branch! It took too many times for me.

I'm afraid we are all in the same case. Don't hesitate to add comments
on your strings to keep as much as context you need to make the choice.

And it's not end of problems. In some cases, after this "superb-Widget
layout-changes", server chose one word from list of 4 suggestions and it
chose badly! I am trying correct it but why - to be honest - should I fight
with windmills?

Your translation should not be changed once you've done it. If this is
so, there is an issue somewhere that we have to narrow and fix. The move
to the new .ui files is necessary to get a better product (what we all
want for our users :) and this represent some extra work for us too.
Andras, do you have an explanation or something we can correct for this
mess of strings?

Stupid thing such as prefixes in Page windows were applied automatically,
without human control and now I am not sure what I should change.

http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/05/Screenshot.png

yes, I can see what you mean.

2 words (Left, Right) I found in sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui.po. Another one
(Top, Bottom) I found in cui/uiconfig/ui.po.

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/translate.html#unit=31494071
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/translate.html#unit=40164813

Of course I can change it (and I do if someone can confirm that strings
from two different folders are located side by side in user's window...)
but I would to know, how long this creepy situation will last? I see there
(inside .po files) many commented rows. It all mean "translators wasted
their effort". Recently I am thinking that with every new LibreOffice
release, this office suit is less friendly for normal user (non
anglophones). Such as developers has QA team, we also take care for quality
of translations but this damned Widget layout destroy everything. Not in
one moment, but by taking small pieces of our work every 6 months.

I understand your frustration, I feel sometime the same, but I think
this move will be a really better situation for our users. In French
there is several dialogs where the strings are truncated because our
language use long words and much more words than in English. Several
languages are in the same case so it's really a plus for them.

Finally. Developers should realize that there are country where people are
really lazy. LibreOffice in Poland is very popular so far, but our team
consist from 2 guys. Me and another one (don't believe in list on wiki).
When I or my cooperator drop this project I think TDF might lose users. Not
immediately but everything will proceed with times.

Please don't give up. I'm alone to translate the software in French even
if most of our administration is using it, so you see French are also
very lazy :)
This is a difficult period for us, there is several things we can
optimize and correct. And we will do it. You know that we will have a
conference in Italy, I'll speak with the developers about our situation
and we will try to find solutions (more builds, more time, etc.). We
don't want to see our localizers go away, definitely not, we are proud
of their work and I'm happy to have you all around me.
I'll need is a clear description of all what we need to not forget anything.
Kind regards
Sophie