On 06/05/2013 15:47, Andras Timar wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Michael Bauer <fios@akerbeltz.org> wrote:

So I guess it narrows my concerns down to a) is that a good reference page
to give to new people whose IT skills are an unknown and b) if bugfiling
should really be done by the newbie?

How could a person without basic IT skills localize a product like
LibreOffice? I don't think that it is possible.

I think that should be possible because there is enough experienced
people here to help to get the basics.

Filing a bug is basically clicking on a URL (the page says "submit an
issue for Enhancement to Product LibreOffice Component Localisation
marked for i18n by using this URL"), some fields are prefilled. Well,
registration is needed.

Because you do it every day ;) A localizer is often more a linguist than
a technical person, but again, we can help with this. Just need to say it.

Nevertheless, feel free to edit the wiki page, and thanks for offering
your help in guiding newbies in this mailing list.

yes, lets not make that an issue, we are here to help each other too :)

Kind regards
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier@documentfoundation.org>