On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Michael Bauer <fios@akerbeltz.org> wrote:
A question in general - that list is *really* scary unless you have several
years of l10n under your belt already and I'm certain it will be putting off
a lot of potential localizers. Could we not stick a big note on that page
that says "If none of this makes sense to you and you want to add a new
language, please email [either this list or a dedicated new list] and we'll
help you".

It actually ties in with the community liaison issue I would say, to a
newbie that page looks like we're trying to put off folk.

In actual fact, when I moved from OO, I don't think the process was as
technical as that. When did it get so confusing?

I'm sorry, there must be a misunderstanding. Eike has just asked for a
bug filed in bugzilla, not more. New localizers do not need to
understand all details of LibreOffice Localization Guide. We collected
the knowledge there for developers, so it is a documentation for l10n
developers, although some parts of it might be interesting for
translators, too.

Best regards,
Andras