[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- From: Daniel Hulse <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 00:33:02 -0800 (PST)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Using direct formatting as a reason to dislike the sidebar is ridiculous.
The sidebar can be changed, if need be. If anything, having a sidebar fits
using styles much better than a toolbar does. Let me explain: In the
toolbar, you pull styles in a list that gets in the way of the document,
which may end up covering the exact thing you are trying to format. In a
sidebar, this element would cover other controls that you aren't using at
the moment, which is fine.
Don't misunderstand me, I use styles--they are very useful and definitely
the "right" way to do things. But we shouldn't push people into using them
until editing, using, and managing styles is at least as intuitive as direct
formatting is now.
"> I don't like menus."
I didn't say that. I said the opposite of that.
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/The-Sidebar-Problem-tp4094331p4095983.html
Sent from the Design mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem||"Mirek M." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem||"Mirek M." <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem||Daniel Hulse <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem||Toki <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem