[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Initial icon design [was: Product Artwork]
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Initial icon design [was: Product Artwork]
- From: Bernhard Dippold <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 00:48:27 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christoph Noack schrieb:
I already decided to go to bed ... so just a few thoughts.
Me too ;-)
Am Donnerstag, den 25.11.2010, 23:03 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
Ivan, Christoph, everybody else: Do you have an other / better
proposal we can agree upon during the next hours ?
You proposals look fine for me. But, do we really need additional colors
for less used applications / files like Math, Macros, HTML, Global
Documents, ... Wouldn't it be better to use a neutral gray (and only for
As Math seems to be an independent application (with it's own file extension) I thought it would be necessary. Same for Chart documents.
But these thoughts derive from the Galaxy icons - I don't mind at all, if we stay grey/neutral with all of the less used icons.
In contrast to the ODF approach, this would even help to better identify
the "real" documents. And, it would also reduce the amount of initial
work to be spent.
The only question to me is, whether we want to use the "original"
Document Symbol for that. The branding guidelines currently state to not
modify the document symbol - so maybe changing the "edge" back to mimic
a default icon?
The "empty corner" idea was only meant for template icons - document and application icons should have the "filled corner" as the default icons.
I thought it would be an easy approach to differentiate between documents and templates while keeping the branding language.
But you might be right that this could be regarded as "allowed modification to the symbol" for other use-cases too.
I'm indecisive at the moment - it depends on how we modify the main part of the icons...
And of course: Thank you both! It seems that you both don't need any
I definitely do!
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/design/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Initial icon design [was: Product Artwork]||"Ivan M." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Initial icon design [was: Product Artwork]
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: Work Topic "Finalize and Publish Product Artwork" etc.
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Initial icon design [was: Product Artwork]
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Initial icon design [was: Product Artwork]