Hi Mirek,

On 2012-03-10 at 15:21 +0100, Mirek M. wrote:

You bring up a good point. I was also originally against the idea, but
found it pretty good a while later. I don't think a vertical zoom slider
would hurt the scroll bar much. Calc puts horizontal tabs next to the
horizontall scrollbar, and it's not bad. Under small window resolutions,
the slider could collapse into a slide-out button, similarly to how volume
sliders work, so that the scroll bar would still be usable.

That is a good point - can you please add it to the whiteboard, how do
you propose it to look / behave for the smaller vertical resolutions?

I like the idea because it bridges the mouse+keyboard and touch UIs. Touch
UIs don't feature status bars, so it makes sense to move functionality from
the status bar somewhere else in the UI. Instead of scroll bars and zoom
sliders, touch UIs use gestures to scroll and zoom.

In any case, I was only asked to design it. If you'd like to discuss the
idea, write to Kendy (kendy@suse.com).

Best is to CC: me on any mail regarding this to get the proper
attention, I always read inbox first, then the mailing lists :-)

Thank you a lot,
Kendy