Hi again,

sorry for being so negative. And, partly I can understand the reasoning.

For instance, ~no one needs an indicator for overwrite mode, in fact
the whole overwrite mode functionality should go (it's confusing far
far more often than it is useful). We didn't really need an(other)
indicator for saving status in the first place. We don't need an
indicator for selection mode (although the selection modes themselves
might be useful in some corner cases). (Etc.)

I'm fully in support of putting the Book View/.. sub-layouts into the View menu.

I see why you'd put the Language Picker in the context menu, even
though for me personally it would be pretty bad.

Still, I can't really see why the zoom indicator would need to be
vertical, then.  Why not keep it similar to today's zoom slider but
put it in a floating box? You could use Fitts' Law all the same
without cutting into the space available to the one scrollbar most
people (still) need. (Yes, the counter-argument is that everyone is
now hiding their scrollbars and I should just learn to love the bomb
:)).

Astron.