Hi Drew, Marc,

Marc wrote:

Le 2011-04-23 04:44, Marc Paré a écrit :
[...]

I have found the logo site for SVG here:
http://www.w3.org/2009/08/svg-logos.html

I don't know if you already checked, but this page
contains a FAQ where point  8 reads:

Q:  8. May I use the SVG logo on product packaging
or advertisements?

A: Yes, if your product renders or outputs SVG natively,
without the use of plug-ins, you are encouraged to
promote your product using the SVG logo. Please
note that in order to do so, however, you must obtain
explicit permission from W3C, which shall be granted
without prejudice or fee.

Did you get explicit permission from W3C?

Does this include reproducing the logo for other
DVDs too?

The W3C Document license requires attribtution and
linking to their wabsite. Will this be done on the inside
of the cover?

I think this license is too restrictive (this might be the
reason why the logos are not very present in public).

Should we approach W3C with the question of including
a phrase in their license that allows the use of  their logo
(without W3C part) just as a reference for the file format?

I think without the need to add an attribution and a link
(even if the graphic is not used on a website) public
acceptance of the logo could be increased...

Best regards

Bernhard