Hi Drew,

I proposed to try to write a short comment even if I don't have the time to write much...

drew schrieb:
On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 11:10 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
[...]

The only other criticism I would have is the slogan. I would suggest
moving the slogan moved beneath the LibreOffice title on the back page.

<snip>

What do you think?

Hi Marc,

Did that, and the slogan just kept wanting to move south...so I
accommodated it.

+1

Once again: Did you try a smaller logo on the back?

I know you kept the distances from the branding page, but to me the back still looks a bit crowded...

After that, it just yelled at me to do something with the front...so I
listened again.

And removed the dark green border - thanks a lot, it looks much more friendly and open to me (and the scatter motif gained importance).

Finally, the ODF logo screamed so I borrowed from here and there, did a
little aggregating and a little touch with the airbrush tool and
well..see for yourself.

Without you mentioning it, I would have not realized.

You created a new ODF logo? And where did you get the SVG logo?

They look very good side by side (and in large scale you see the differences between the sheets behind them, so it is clear that they don't belong together).

For a new iteration I have the idea to give the ODF logo more importance by enlarging it while the other two (PDF and SVG) as external file formats we can import and export to (in raising quality) might be smaller ?

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Existing_Designs#Case

The source file is at:
http://lo-portal.us/temp/na-dvd-case-04-11-22c.xcf

"What do you think?" ->

Much more feedback than I originally wanted...
And lots of "criticism" (I hope you take it as thoughts - not as critics) instead of the praise you deserve.

One point I'd like to mention nevertheless:

Did the NA-DVD team think about using the logo with TDF subline now you are official part of the LibreOffice-Box team (or how it will be called in future)? Even as NA marketing team this would have been possible, but now I don't see any reason (perhaps except the approval of some of your team members by the Membership Committee) to refrain from the TDF logo as you are:

An official part of the LibreOffice community - and your DVD seems to fall under the part of the logo policy that reads:

"TDF approved DVDs or USB keys with 'LibreOffice'" [1]

 I think this is looking damned good now, thanks
to all feedback.

And here I fully agree.

You don't need to integrate the points I commented - it is really good!

It's just meant as suggestion to think about for the next iteration...

Also, that I need to move on to a jewel case layout.

This would be great - we definitively need such artwork.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I updated the branding page [2] a bit because it didn't explain the difference between logo with and without TDF subline clearly enough and added a link to the logo policy. We probably have to add more examples for several use cases - perhaps already with the overdue iteration of the branding page.

[1]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Logo_Policy
[2]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Resources