Hi Bernhard and especially Drew

We are really down to nit-picking but some of these points do seem valid.

Le 2011-04-22 18:12, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi Drew,

Finally, the ODF logo screamed so I borrowed from here and there, did a
little aggregating and a little touch with the airbrush tool and
well..see for yourself.

Without you mentioning it, I would have not realized.

You created a new ODF logo? And where did you get the SVG logo?

They look very good side by side (and in large scale you see the
differences between the sheets behind them, so it is clear that they
don't belong together).

For a new iteration I have the idea to give the ODF logo more importance
by enlarging it while the other two (PDF and SVG) as external file
formats we can import and export to (in raising quality) might be smaller ?

I agree with this. I would give first place setting in the list to the ODF logo. LibreOffice and ODF have a strong bond and we should be actively promoting the ODF even at marketing booths. After all, this is what makes the LibreOffice formats so dependable.

The other logos should show up in secondary placement on the lists. I am not sure that the ODF would be happy to know that we have created a new logo just as I am pretty sure that we would not be happy to find that another organisation would have created another logo to fit their documentation.

We should try as much as possible to fit in a proper ODF and SVG logo. I noticed on the SVG site that they make use of different logos. We could leave a note with the W3C-SVG people to see if they have a logo (with descriptor) available on their site (http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/) (Note that there is one at the top of that page.). Not really sure where to get ODF logo versions. Where did you get your ODF version? I couldn't find any ODF site with an ODF logo.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Existing_Designs#Case

The source file is at:
http://lo-portal.us/temp/na-dvd-case-04-11-22c.xcf

"What do you think?" ->

Much more feedback than I originally wanted...
And lots of "criticism" (I hope you take it as thoughts - not as
critics) instead of the praise you deserve.

One point I'd like to mention nevertheless:

Did the NA-DVD team think about using the logo with TDF subline now you
are official part of the LibreOffice-Box team (or how it will be called
in future)? Even as NA marketing team this would have been possible, but
now I don't see any reason (perhaps except the approval of some of your
team members by the Membership Committee) to refrain from the TDF logo
as you are:

An official part of the LibreOffice community - and your DVD seems to
fall under the part of the logo policy that reads:

"TDF approved DVDs or USB keys with 'LibreOffice'" [1]

I also agree with this. Not too sure if I missed a conversation on this while I was away but ... are we not part of the LibreOffice-Box team? Was there a decision to go without the subline or are we just waiting for an approval? We also seem to be spearheading/setting an example for an English version of an international EN-box DVD version. I would love to see the logo with TDF subline on the NA Community DVD. It adds validity to the project.

I think this is looking damned good now, thanks
to all feedback.

And here I fully agree.

You don't need to integrate the points I commented - it is really good!

It's just meant as suggestion to think about for the next iteration...

Also, that I need to move on to a jewel case layout.

This would be great - we definitively need such artwork.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I updated the branding page [2] a bit because it didn't explain the
difference between logo with and without TDF subline clearly enough and
added a link to the logo policy. We probably have to add more examples
for several use cases - perhaps already with the overdue iteration of
the branding page.

[1]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Logo_Policy
[2]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Resources

Thanks for doing this Bernhard.