Hi Rick,

sorry for replying late - but at the moment all I can do is marking the mails
I want to reply and reply later on...

Hi, all new friends,

I agree with Nik. On the other hand, I'm very impressed with he work that
has been done in such a short time.

We will have to discuss the logo topic in quite a short time - but at the
moment it was necessary to come up with something people can use.
(you probably read my latest mails on the logo).

I'm new here and I've followed this mailing list for a while to get an idea
of how the collaboration is done.

Welcome to our team!

You already did the second step: Not only reading, but posting on the list.
Great!

We know that our structure is far away from being optimized with regards to
new contributors, so please bare with us and ask, if there is anything you
don't understand.

If you want to, you might write down your experience with our team and
put it on the wiki (you already know about it?) for future "newbies".
You might propose improvements to our workflow as well...

Did you follow Christoph's Kick-off effort?

You'll see that we are heading towards the basic decisions in LibreOffice
design.

A short presentation:

I'm a designer and project manager. I work on Mac, Windows and Linux, but my
major platform is design. I've never participated in open source development
before, but I've worked with open source scripts/programs in many projects
for years.

Our team is (probably) different from most of the OS development areas, because
- we aren't developers
- we work collaboratively instead of merging different "patches" to dedicated topics
- we think our work influences the entire community
- we have a lot of fun

(okay - the last two points might fit to other teams as well ;-) )

i would be happy if a can contribute and help.

I'm sure you will be able to help us - just read the mails sent here and jump in
whenever you like to...

Best regards

Bernhard