Hi Christoph, all,

... once more even important mails need to wait for reply...

Christoph Noack schrieb:
Hi Bernhard,

I'm sorry to appear a bit disruptive, but I think that the changes
concerning the logo already address some parts of the community
branding. Although I'm happy if we can further refine our branding, I
fear that such changes lead to a bit confusion ... I've already seen a
lot of Material created for the trade fairs (shirts, banner, pens,
lanyards, ...) being affected of such changes. Moreover, blogger and
press already use the given material ... so I am a bit doubtful
concerning any change at the moment.

I might be totally wrong, but what I understood when talking to Charles and other SC members was, that they want to provide a different logo without the TDF subline to be used in external references to the LibreOffice product and community.

I don't know about a final decision with regards to the license of this "external use logo", but as it might be different from the present logo license I thought a slightly different logo could help.

The logos are similar enough to recognize them as belonging together, while the modified symbol allows a differentiation to the TDF symbol.

I know that people already created some material based on the logo with TDF subline. This logo should no longer be used for external references (if I understood Charles right) - so many of these items might not be appropriate for a longer time, if they contain the TDF subline.

But if the SC decides just to remove the TDF subline from the logo, the modified logo ideas will become relevant, when we start discussing the Community Branding.

Thus, if there are issues to combine the document symbol with the rest
of the graphic items, would it be helpful to just foucs on the text
LibreOffice and a subline?

We actually re-used the TDF symbol in the icons just to drop it from the logo?

I'd like to promote this symbol in external resources too.

The Branding Guidelines already allow to use the text and the symbol independently, so this would not be any problem even with the present graphics.

If we add new sublines, which sublines and at which position (and distance to the text), we need to discuss with the marketing team, I think.

If we need something "neat", why not play
with the triangle that may be added somewhere - it can also be
considered to be a (current) key visual.

Of course we can use the triangle as an additional branding element, but I would not replace the document symbol...

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: If the logo is considered to be too distinct from the present logo, we should add it (together with Nik's proposals) to the wiki in order to not forget it until we start the Community Branding.