As folks likely know OSCON is coming up the middle of next month.

Both Simon and Jean will be attending.

The suggestion has been made to supply a disc image (or possibly on a 2
GB USB drive) for distribution at the conference.

Ok - the first thing that came to mind was TIME - not a lot.

First thought was to look to the libreoffice-na disk and see if that
might fit the bill. (Tim has been doing just a great job with that!)

Looking at the possible use of a 2GB USB of course poses a bit of a
problem - I went ahead and pulled all of the files off the
libreoffice-na.us server for the Libo 3.5.4 distribution ONLY and
generated a svelt 5 GB image...not so good for our purpose here.

I would like to propose we create a one-off use disk/USB image for the
OSCON conference.

To get to that I did the following so far:

1) Given that LibreOffice IMO really needs to focus on brand building,
particularly in the MS Windows space I would first drop all the
platforms other then Windows.

2) The current libreoffice-na disk includes additional OSS applications,
again I propose to drop everything not for Windows.

3) Documentation - again I would pare what is on the disk down. If there
is a 3.5 guide ready, then drop the older 3.3/3.x docs. DO NOT include
the odt files, only the pdf files.

Did all that and updated the associated HTML files last night - this
gives me an ISO file of 2.4 GB.

This morning -

4) The disk image included more then one portable LibreOffice images
included - I dropped all but the one of them (keeping the multi-language
file)

5) Ran through the other extra items, and again dropped all the files
other then the latest windows release.

- and the current iso image stands at 1.9 GB.(though I think this will
still be to big for the 2GB USB when unpacked...so still needs a little
more weight loss.)

I've also updated the DVD case artwork, the insert and the brochure for
version 3.5.4.

The iso is currently uploading to the lo-portal.us server so folks can
take a look (not the final work) - it should be done in about 3 hours
and I will follow up with a URL as soon as it is.

What I would propose is to go ahead and update this cover and the disk
label to show that it was distributed at OSCON 2012. I snagged some
artwork for doing this, not sure what steps (or rather who to ask) for
permission to do so from a trademark perspective - I'm hoping maybe
Simon could weigh in on that - if it seems like a good thing to do, and
I really think it is, the I could work on the artwork today.

So - this is a quick job of course and it will go better with help from
folks for sure - any thoughts or comments now would be appreciated -
otherwise, let's get this done, shall we.

Thanks much,

//drew