Le 2012-05-06 06:34, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :
On 05/06/2012 03:38 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Hi Robinson,

Le 2012-05-05 18:55, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
A lot of my friends don't know the name "LibreOffice." Some of them
vaguely recognize the "Open Office" name, but LibreOffice isn't even
on their radar.

I'd like to change this!

Yes, in fact, my oldest son attends University of Waterloo in Waterloo
Canada; a university with over 30,000 students. He says that no one
knows of LibreOffice and that OpenOffice is still quoted as the MSO
replacement. I suspect this is the same for most Canadian and US
campuses. We should really get an print-ready article ready for the
Fall university session to market LibreOffice.

[clip]

The marketing wiki pages are in dire need of updating. But in the
meantime, you can browse the marketing wiki pages[1] to familiarize
yourself with this section.
[clip]
[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/ConferenceKit
[3] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Visual_Elements

[clip]

No doubt for quite a different target audience but at LinuxFest Northwest 2011 (I couldn't get down to this year's event in Bellingham, WA) the folks at the LibreOffice table had both business cards and business card fridge magnets available - works great for families with small children and seniors such as myself who post notes and photos on their fridge.

Another important target audience are the elementary school children who are being raised with Macs in school running that proprietary Office. Hence our grandson was "raised on Office" but got used to OOo at home and now LibreOffice at home and on his own notebook PC.

Perhaps some of the college/university materials could also target the elementary and high school bunch as well.

Georges