Il 13/03/20 14:53, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) ha scritto:
From what I have seen, it looks like the jitsi instance is now hosted on
a TDF VM whose physical hypervisor hardware is hosted at manitu GmbH.

The bare server we have for this machine seems to limited to a 100 Mbps
connection. Only servers starting from the XL range have 1Gbps. So
unless, TDF paid for a server >= to the XL series, the server connection
may be the bottleneck.

That's good insights.

Following what you said in the other board-discuss thread, at the
contrary, the jitsi instance is indexed by search engines, like Google.
Over the past few days, companies wanting to have a free visio call
solution don't hesitated to search for public instances over the
internet[2].

My take on this one is that, apart from Jitsi itself, Framatalk is the
other directly available and mostly recognized platform. So, in the end,
I am quite positive no one did found out the TDF instance. But I maybe
completely wrong on that.

So maybe checking whether some people were actually using
our instance at the time of the meeting can help confirm/infirm my
assumption. :)

Indeed, I think someone here can provide data.

And like some people assumed, jitsi is not like Wi-Fi CSMA/CA. People
being far away/being on an instable link/connection are (AFAIK) NOT
impacting others in the room. :)

The point there was not on quality of the line of the client, but much
more on load capacity on each client. It seems (but indeed, I am
reporting here a rumor more than an empirical statement) that having
more people in the chat "hinders" the CPU and RAM of the single PC of
the participants at the point that this PC is not going to cope with the
traffic and at the same time slows down the whole instance. I'm not so
convinced on this position, either.

Cheers,
--
Emiliano Vavassori