Re: [libreoffice-website] Website and wiki design

Per and all,

> Per Eriksson skrev 2010-10-11 17:03:
>>> Yes, we really need to have links to the categories on the main page
>>> to give some guidance to our visitors.
>>> Per could you work on this ? Adding QA, Documentation, Marketing,
>>> Website would be great.
>>
>> Sure, let's add navigational links for the website's main navigation and the main wiki categories currently on the wiki + on the front page. That way the user will be able to navigate to both websites :-)
>>
>> I could sketch something up until tomorrow, testing a few variants.
>
> Here are some initial sketches following my ideas, which will create navigational possibillities for most groups I think. The links might have to be alittle adjusted, but the general idea is to give the users ways to navigate both within the wiki itself (i.e find content quickly) as well as finding resources on the website.
>
> Here's an illustrating screenshot
> http://erinet.se/tdfwiki.png

I think this is a great start. I'm sure we will have more categories and subcategories to add over time, but this is the beginning. Will each one of those links point to a "landing page" for the section of content, containing more navigation and organization links? (I would suggest using "Homepage" or "Home" instead of "First Page", but this is minor.) Over time I'd like to divide the main part of the wiki homepage into smaller content blocks and logically organize them too, when we get to that point.

I've created a draft wireframe for the LibreOffice page of the TDF website. I envision the very top navigation shown in my wireframe being shared across the wiki and website, although I haven't created a wireframe for the wiki or any of the other pages of the TDF website yet. Also, a few spots are blank in the wireframe since I ran out of time today. :)

I'd like to expand this wireframe to show the TDF homepage, wiki, and other second-tier pages for the site.

You can download the wireframe document here: http://www.solidoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/LibreOffice-Homepage-Wires.odg

Thanks,
Ben

Benjamin Horst