Hi Joel,

Could we still try to bottom post to keep production up? This way we can all work the same way. TDF/LibreOffice have standardized on bottom posting.

Le 2012-09-13 18:26, Joel Madero a écrit :
I knew someone would say that ;) I'll just add a filter, as long as every
thread we start pertaining to the forum has it, I'll be able to check it
out. ;) Three mailing list might be a little overkill, still haven't
figured out how to organize them right in thunderbird. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Joel

I track approx. 50 lists. I publish an e-zine (I get approximately 70,000 page views/week) and monitor all major lists on TDF/LibreOffice -- all on Thunderbird. Thunderbird handles the load quite well.

To properly set it up:

* create sub-folders in your in-box with preferably the same name as your lists that you would like to monitor. To do this, you simply right-click on your in-box and pick "New sub-folder" * Once done, go to a message from the list and right-click on the sender's name. You will then see the menu item "Filter". This will open the filters windows and in edit mode and your filter will have been created
* properly name the filter (preferably the same name as your sub-folder)
* choose the right set of conditions for your filter (I normally choose the one that says "Match any of the following"
* In the first roll-down menu, pick "From"
* In the second roll-down menu, pick "Contains"
* the third box on that line should have the LibreOffice list-email address already in it
* bottom section in the first roll-down menu, pick "Move Messages to"
* bottom section in the second roll-down menu, find the folder that you created
* click OK, that's it! You have created your filter.
* you will then be sent back to the Filters list window (it lists all of your filters) Don not close this window.

To fetch your already-received-messages from your in-box and send them to your new-filtered-sub-folder, make sure that your newly created filter is highlighted in the "Filters list" window --- and click "Run". This will tell the Thunderbird to fetch the messages from your in-box and to send them to the filtered sub-folder. From here on in, your in-coming messages will be filtered.

To filter another list, repeat the process.

To have your messages show in threaded view:
* click on the "thread" icon in the window showing your messages.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help with Thunderbird.

My Thunderbird filters approximately 400-500 messages daily and never hiccups. Make sure you let Thunderbird "compact" the files regularly (it is normally set up to do this automatically) -- do not turn off this function as it prevents your folders from getting corrupted.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré