On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

I am curious, if we were to keep both mailing lists and forums, would this
tax our infrastructure negatively? Do we have enough hardware resources to
handle it?

For the moment, hardware resources to run both the mailing lists and the
forums are not a blocker for running them at the same time.

Mailing lists and the forum are currently running on 2 different machines
due to multiple infrastructure related reasons (mostly because forum is
still in testing/setup phase whereas mailing lists are in full production
mode).

Assuming some users already prefer forums over mailing lists and will move
to forum as soon as it is officially launched then the machines running
mailinglists and forum(s) will benefit from a natural load balancing due to
user natural migration to the preferred way of communicating.