On 14-02-2012 15:22, Cor Nouws wrote:
Christian Lohmaier wrote (14-02-12 12:48)
Please give it a shot with various browsers.

Looks OK in FF on Ubuntu.
Also OK in FF on Win 7 (VirtualBox)
In the IE version in Win7 (9.0.4), it immediately shows the page
following 'Change system or language'
This seems odd. I had hoped we would get the updated version with a bit more diagnostics information in the source to help tell why before responding. But could you post the user-agent and accept-language (e.g. from http://www.myhttp.info/ ) to help debug this?

- Also, would be good if it reads:
Not the version you wanted? Change System, version or language
This has been changed in github.

- there is no indication about preferred versions for different
audiences, or a token that indicates such info exists.
Are we convinced that this really is not needed?
There is the "Change System, Version or Language". I think that only one version should be given as default. But if another link should be given, I don't know, nor what terms they would be looking for. Firefox have a ESR ( http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/ ) but don't link it from the main download page ( http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/ ). Well, actually they do, below the Aurora/Beta links, not that prominent.

- The words " You need to download and install these files in order:"
of course are not always true. The first is a must, the second often
preferred and the third optional.
Maybe: "Download and install these files in order (2nd and 3rd are
optional)"
The buttons are labeled with a short description ("Translated user interface" and "LibreOffice built-in help") which was intended as a way of indicating to the user what they where getting (not much sense in saying something is optional, if you don't tell them what it is god for) and thus that it as optional. But it could of course say "(Optional)" explicitly on the button, or perhaps just say "(Required)" on the main download.

- Could the text "base installer" be confusing, for people knowing that
base as component? Maybe "Main installer" ?
This has been changed in github.

- The note at the bottom of the current page, " Other way to download
LibreOffice, the productivity suite " does that make sense, or is it
redundant?
Yes, that link is redundant. The new download page actually give access to more downloads that the current, and as explained in the initial mail, I tried to make sure that every file was available through the new interface. The "other way"-link just expanded the "non-javascript" version which was used as a "data-store" for the javascript-version.

--
Anders