Hi Cor, *,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl> wrote:
Christian Lohmaier wrote (14-02-12 12:48)
[...]

- Also, would be good if it reads:
 Not the version you wanted? Change System, version or language

I applied Anders' recent update and this is fixed.

- there is no indication about preferred versions for different audiences,
or a token that indicates such info exists.
Are we convinced that this really is not needed?

No - as it is a first shot at it... Having the notes/hints regarding
the audience in the translation would be bad, so the CMS could get
proper input-fileds for that data...

- The words " You need to download and install these files in order:"
of course are not always true. The first is a must, the second often
preferred and the third optional.
Maybe:  "Download and install these files in order (2nd and 3rd are
optional)"

This is not yet covered, I'm more interested in fixing the detection
logic first :-)

- Could the text "base installer" be confusing, for people knowing that base
as component? Maybe "Main installer" ?

This was changed though.

- The note at the bottom of the current page, " Other way to download
LibreOffice, the productivity suite "  does that make sense, or is it
redundant?

The old style download page that is currently used did put all the
download links into the page - on the one hand for compatibility with
Browsers that have javascript disabled, and for those who want to
download multiple languagepacks/multiple versions at once.
Using the expandable list is easier than to keep going to the dropdown
and changing the selection.

The new-style-downloadpage doesn't have such a list, and thus it
wouldn't really make sense to add it. It is meant to be a dead-simple
downloadpage. Ideally the user will only see the buttons and will not
have to bother changing anything (I know it is not really possible for
deb/rpm already). I.e. if a windows user visits the page, he will only
see the buttons with hopefully the desired language selection, and not
be bothered with the manual selection process.

And a few theming issues (when there are no "related pages", the void
space should be filled with something else, now the english page looks
like something is missing (as the related pages haven't been tagged
like described below)

Anders did also improve this part - now when there is no DVD or other
additional links, the SDK and Source will be split into two, making
the page look fully populated, and not like something was missing.

I think at first we should make it en-US only and only use it at the
frontpage, as translations are missing anyway.

Well, translating is easy enough. But with making this the landing page,

Oh, I was again not typing what I was thinking :-/

then we should rethink our strategy about current content on the home page.
Correct?

Nah, I didn't meant to write "frontpage" here. What I was trying to
write limit it to www.libreoffice.org only at first. As en-US only
might also imply only offer en-US downloads (but that is not what I
meant), rather than only use it on the site that uses en-US as
language, as the strings/translations will change, etc...

ciao
Christian