Jonathan Aquilina wrote on 2011-11-14 13:32:

I totally understand, I know what its like when real life kicks in as well.

;-)

No worries Reason i suggested testing on the actual hardware would be to
try and cut down the work then of migrating the forums from the staging
machine to the live server. How time consuming would it be to migrate
from a vm to a live machine once we have finished testing?

Should be rather easy - tar.gz'ing the content and copying over an SQL dump. So, not that much work, actually.

Vm will suffice :D its just taht i have seen some strange os based bugs
surface on vm's that usually dont surface on the actual hardware.

So, for providing a VM, I cannot look into this before next week, unfortunately. If people have a chance of installing a test forum somewhere else, feel free to do so. Otherwise, ping me next week again for a VM. I have only one I can offer that is shared amongst every who wants to test, so we need to coordinate on this a bit.

For the testing itself, well, maybe the best would be to write down the features and link to the test setup from the wiki page, so we also get a "feeling" on how the system works?

Florian

Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108