Le 11/11/2011 21:28, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hello,

thanks a lot to everyone for their great and creative contribution to
the discussion, which I consider really fruitful. Even if I didn't reply
to every message, I read them all.

It is already rather clear, that there is a real overwhelming support
for having our own forums. I counted only one or two -1, everyone else
was in favor of hosting forums on our own.

So, I am very much in favor of moving forward. I'd like to continue that
discussion on the website list, since it technically belongs there, so
I'd like to invite everyone to participate in the discussion on the
*website* list.

The next steps to me are:

1. Determine which software to use. Some proposals and compilations have
come in, namely:

a. phpBB

b. http://www.simplemachines.org

c. http://stackoverflow.com (Alex will provide a VM to test that soon.)

d. http://arkanis.de/projects#nntp-forum#

On the wiki page created by Charles (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/UsersForum) there is FUDforum (strange name !). Its advantage is that it allows thread view, which is very nice for ML adepts who want make the bridge between ML and forums for users help. Using a forum with such a functionality does for them, that going to the forum, is not a too big regression in their workflow.

Best regards.
JBF