On 27/08/2011 15:04, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 08/26/2011 09:19 PM, David Nelson wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Warren<warren@ossmalta.com>  wrote:
May i ask if i may be able t download and distribute if not translate the
project in maltese for the locals here as most net connections have a
download limit, and distributing the discs for free like in our capital is a
huge marketing advantage.

thanks
Warren camilleri (ossmalta)
Legally you have every right to do so. The best thing would be to sign
up to the marketing list and make contact with the guys who distribute
the North American DVD. They can advise you about all you'd need to
know: what to include, how to stay in compliance with TDF copyright
guidelines, etc.

Well he is "talking" to one - ME.
I am the one who hosts LibreOffice-NA.US, and the one who took the original German language "beta" distribution DVD and made it work for the North American Community. With the help of others, we developed the idea and work to be more than what it originally was.

He is working with TDF people since it looks like he is creating "mt.libreoffice.org", or one of the sub-domains.

I do not know if he wants to have an online version of the work, as done with the CMS system, but it is better, in my opinion, to work out the what you want offline and then do the editing to have an online version.

I think he wants an English language version, with it also translated into his regions native language. He also seems to want to have it Windows-only, with a link to where his users can get Linux and Mac installs.

I "take my hat off" for anyone who wants to create a native language distribution, with a different language add with it.

The one thing he did say, I think, was that he would love for it to be plug-n-play. He wanted you to place the DVD in the drive and it would ask you if you wanted to install the package or browse the disc. This type of auto-play has now been disabled on the Windows OS, so that part is not to be done easy. He is not a programmer, so he would have difficulties to make it plug-n-play to begin with.

You have your terminology incorrect here, the term is auto play, which all operating systems do from Linux to windows to mac. i have played dvd's of games and auto play seems to work none the less. What windows OS are you talking about. I am on windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Still, he really wants the people in his region to have a distribution disc in their native language. For that, he is going to do a very good thing.