On 27/08/2011 21:35, Warren Camilleri wrote:
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387@gmail.com>wrote:

On 27/08/2011 19:02, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

On 08/27/2011 11:22 AM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

On 27/08/2011 15:04, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

You have your terminology incorrect here, the term is auto play, which
all operating systems do from Linux to windows to mac. i have played dvd's
of games and auto play seems to work none the less. What windows OS are you
talking about. I am on windows 7 ultimate 64bit

As for my "word use", having survived 3 strokes tend to mess thing up
sometimes on what are the correct words and phrases are the correct ones to
use.  That is way I do not like to write documentation or even take notes at
meetings.  So please forgive me improper word usage or terminology.  If it
passes my spell checker in Thunderbird, I may not catch the error.

  My apologies if i came off a bit harsh that wasn't my intention :( as
well i wasn't aware of your given situation :(

  -----------
There is a MS security patch that prevents certain "auto play" options
from happening.  This was created to stop those nasties from
"auto-installing" when you insert a CD or DVD into a drive, or the same with
Thumb-drives or camera cards.

I do not know all the ins-and-outs of what the patch does, but it was
meant to stop users from having their computer infected by so nasty program.
  I know that it work on XP and Vista systems though.  Most of my driver and
software install CDs no longer automatically run after I place them into the
drive.

Music and Video discs are exempt from this security option, but I did not
hear anything about game discs.

I think I remember Drew was one thinking about having a distribution disc
auto-play, or some term describing the following:  Place the disc in the
drive, computer reads the disc auto-play file[s], package determines what OS
you have installed, then it asks you if you want to install the proper
package for your system's OS.  Windows install shown for Windows systems,
Mac Intel or PPC if it was one of those, DEB or RPM for the Linux systems.
  At least that was my opinion on what he was thinking a few months back.
  That would be nice for some people with limited computer skills, but could
be a dangerous security issue for others.

Personally, I would prefer not having a software package "auto play" when
I place the disc into my drive.  I may want to browse the disk instead of
installing the default software.

For the "distribution CD/DVD" I like the option to either open the HTML
files in my default browser, OR just browse the disc to see what all it on
it.  For those who need help and guidance, having the install information
and what is one the disk, spelled out by using easy to use browser-based
pages is useful.  Also for those who know what is on the disc and just needs
to read some documentation file or install a dictionary or other add-on,
having the choice it important.

What i wanted to do in simple terms:

flash auto-play works as i use it at work (and i have an ACA in flash) - the
autoplay will have these links -  Install Libreoffice, System Requirements,
Documentation in english for now till i finish translating the disc and its
current contents in Maltese.

now since Libreoffice needs java on that pc it will be with Step 1: Install
Java, Step 2: install Libreoffice Step 3: install LO Help files, additional
steps(links): step 4: download extensions, Step 5; download templates
and social networking links facebook/twitter

all this for a windows PC, i can burn dvds as well as disks i'll start of
with the DVD as is but add an auto-play (and program it according to its
contents) once i get to look into the files that is, also if you may send me
link to download the ISO if possible

i am also open to assistance and constructive criticism. as for the Linux
part, Jonathan when your not so busy that area is where i will be needing
you.

the reason why i will be shipping it as is, as MS has just signed a contract
with the government on windows and other apps, as for office it is not clear
yet, so i wanted to get a foot into that race...

Warren in regards to Linux we will have issues as we don't know what Linux distros people are on. I am wondering for the DVD if i should package up libreoffice as an rpm as well as a deb package and then that will be easy for users to install. Also warren i would check on the libreoffice-dev irc channel on freenode and ask about java. If I am not mistaken it might have the java installer bundled with it I dunno for certain.