Hi Bernhard, *,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Bernhard Dippold
<bernhard@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>  wrote:
2011/5/27 Charles-H. Schulz<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>

Here's the final and approved logo:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Conf-logo.zip
We can upload it.
[...]
Sorry, but where do you want to upload it? The files in the zip all
are huge, too huge for the website.
2479 x 552 pixel, but the maximum width to use on the homepage is 890
pixels wide.

Also they have a dpi of 300, that is not needed for the web.

So for use on the website, the images would have to be scaled, but I'd
rather have versions created in the appropriate dimensions from the
source images.

Can you give me the necessary sizes for the website?

As I'm not sure where it should be placed...
The maximum width, spanning the whole width is 890 pixel. The
center-element is 900pixels wide, with 5 pixels of "shadow" on each
side, so the actual text and header area is 890 pixel.

But if it is meant to be used as page-logo in the top left, instead of
the current logo, then the left part, the plain LibreOffice logo
should be about the same size as it currently is (IMHO)

The CSS shows a height 45 px for the main logo - with the broader Conference
logo the width will have to be adapted.

The Conference logo is also higher, the current 45px really only has
the logo, but the conference logo has the Eiffelturm at the top, and
the conference dates at the bottom, so it is higher.
So I don't have the exact number, I would have to scale it with the
current logo as comparison (or measure the exact height of the
document-logo in the current logo, and in the conference logo and
calculate a scaling factor that way)

Shall I create such a logo?

Yes, that would be great.

I guess you want it in the top-left, instead of where the LO logo is
now, you want to have the "dual" logo - and I guess you want it on all
*.libreoffice.org pages, right?

Sorry, I don't understand:

I'm uncertain as well :-)

You want to replace the standard LibO logo by the conference logo on all the
present pages on www.libreoffice.org?

That is what I meant with the *.libreoffice - but it was a question,
not a suggestion :-)

This could and should be done as promotional action for the conference - in
October.

October is too late if it is promotional, as the conference itself is
in October...

Perhaps it could be done for a short time with the announcement of
the CfP and when application for the conference starts.

But perhaps I misunderstood you and you wanted it to replace the standard
logo only on the http://conference.libreoffice.org website.

I'm asking myself, as I don't know what people wish for. I can deal
with the technical side of things, but don't want to force my view on
anyone...

ciao
Christian