Hi David,

thanks for reminding me of all the things I forgot to do :-) Keep 'em coming!

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 1:08 AM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:

Last batch of download page fixes. See screenshot for illustration [1].

1) Align text of BitTorrent checkbox middle with checkbox. Make sure
checkbox is aligned middle with dropdown list.

Somewhat tricky, but I tried my best to improve it.  Please test with
various browsers.

2) Capitalize the D of "Download using BitTorrent".

Done.

3) Eliminate all the messages that display below the dropdown lists:
a) The explanations in the page cover the info. b) They have ugly
formatting and visually complicate the page. c) They complicate the
script code. d) They complicate localization work. e) My grandmother
doesn't like them. f) I like to complain about things.

:-) I disabled them. But I put the blame on you if people just
download the languagepack and then wonder why it cannot be installed
:-P
(the wording above the selection is clear though :-)

But how to check for the case when the user selects a language, but no
languagepack is available?
Your screenshot shows a false-positive, the text can be easily hidden
for en-US..
Thus I just did comment it out, not remove it completely...

4) Replace "Full installer" with "installer" (notice the *lowercase*
first letter).

OK, "Full" removed

5) Replace "Source to build yourself with "Download the source code to
build your own installer".

OK, done.

6) Replace "SDK, to develop extensions, external tools" with "Download
the SDK for developing extensions and external tools".

OK, done.

7) "LibreOffice, the productivity suite" serves no purpose (links to
home page). Either eliminate it or else replace text with "Read the
installation instructions" and link to the Installation page under Get
Help.

Well - see the other posting - it does seve the same purpose as the
other ones. Did you actually click on it?

Did not hide it, left it inside. But changed the links to local
anchor, as suggested in another mail.

8) Please explain me the difference between the two windows installers.

multi: Only some languages,
all: All available languages.

ciao
Christian