Hi David, *,

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:33 AM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:

IMHO, the Downloads page would need a few last fixes to make it perfect:

1) Eliminate gap between 2 list items

Oh, I'd rather keep it, as it delimits two different way to select
stuff. The automatically added downloadlinks (one for english, two for
other languages/windows below the dropdowns) are those matching the
selection.

The items below are used for "advanced" usage scenarios, i.e. someone
wanting to get more than one languagepack and stuff like that (then
the user would expand the list below)

2) Change the words "Full installer" to "full installer" (eliminate
capitalization)

Sure - no problem.

3) Make the entire unordered list "ul-libreoffice" class, i.e. <ul
class="ul-libreoffice">

I'd rather not do that , as that needs quite a bit of horizontal
space, and when the list is expanded, it will need to linebreak even
more than it already does now...

Furthermore using the triangle-style list would put more attention to
it, but it is not meant to be an eyecatcher, but rather an advanced
convenience function.

4) Eliminate un-needed list item at bottom.

I don't think it's un-needed, or to put it otherwise: it is just as
unneeded as the source and SDK downloads, as most users will not touch
that area of the page, since they're only interested in getting LO
itself.

But when you want to download multiple languages at once, then
expanding the list and just "click-as-many-links-as-you-can" is more
convenient than having to go to the dropdown, change language, click
on the link, click the dropdown, change language, click on the
link,....

For illustration, see screenshot [1].

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/19/Libo-screenshot-6.png

Thanks, it helps to visualize things :-)

But as mentioned before, the only thing I's personally change is the
wording/spelling of full installer.

But again, I can change it of course if other people think the same

ciao
Christian