Le 2010-10-21 10:25, Drew Jensen a écrit :
For accuracy sake
On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:07 -0400, Drew Jensen should of written:

Thanks to google I ran into the SC minutes where they said for the
website mail _list_ to make a decision and report back to them.

It[1] called for that decision to be made by today. [not 2 days ago]

:-/ ok, think I'm done - waiting for your thoughts quietly now

//drew

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings&oldid=836

Hi Drew:

Thanks for the notes. Obviously the choice of CMS is a very emotional subject.However, I saw André's call to voice a choice of CMS to adopt more of a call to voice a "recommendation" to the SC and then the SC would make the choice.

Now having said that, we have reduced the options to 2 CMS packages that we recommend. We have also mounted a Wiki to try to organise our search/data to explain why/where we got the information. On the Wiki we have also tried to point out the virtues of the packages and where there are missing attributes. We have also tried to investigate the possible admin support from some of our members (mostly based on the present CMS experience some of the Website members have).

Having said that, the Wiki page should the give the SC some kink of idea of what the Website members favour. Whether the SC adopt Drupal or Silverstripe is really not of our concern. We were just given the task of investigating the possibilities and the results can be found on the Wiki.

Let us know if the SC need anymore information.

As for a vote, I also agree with Andrea and consider the LibO at this point an oligarchy. I also have not problem with this as we do have to start somewhere. A vote would definitely NOT be in anyone's interest.

We need to formalise the "LibO Website Committee" if you really were thinking this was it. If so, we would have to have a membership list and these individuals could then vote on the choice of CMS. I don't really think at this point, this is necessary.

Marc

NB ... I have 2 more admin volunteer names to add to the Wiki and you could probably "lock it down" (no more edits) for the SC to look at. That is, if the main contributors to this thread are in agreement.

Marc