[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Beta 3; No Context Menus & Program Stops Responding
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Beta 3; No Context Menus & Program Stops Responding
- From: NoOp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:14:26 -0800
- To: email@example.com
On 11/21/2010 11:56 AM, Terry Warby wrote:
> Downloaded Beta 3 for Linux (deb) and Windows this morning and loaded
> them on my desktop machine. This is dual booted, Win 7 and
> Ubuntu/Xubuntu each on their own hard drive, 2.5GB Ram. On
> ubuntu/xubuntu there are no problems (so far), but on Win 7 Pro I find
> that there are no context menus in Write or Draw when right clicking. In
> addition, if I click on the any of the main menu items, such as File or
> Format, the program stops responding. In short, the program is unsuable.
> Checking out the task manager, I find the CPU cycles are sky high (80%+)
> when the program stops responding.
> I've also downloaded and installed OOo 3.3 RC5 for comparison purposes
> and don't have the same problem. Neither did I have the problem with
> LibO 3.3 Beta 2 so I strongly suspect a serious bug. Has anybody else
> reported this behaviour; surely it can't be peculiar to my machine? I
> have a WinXP virtual machine but haven't tried that yet.
> If its a confirmed bug, how do I report it formally?
I've just tested on a base install on Win7 and find that righ-clicking a
word in Writer takes 7 seconds for the context menu to appear. In linux
it takes less than one second.
On the Win7 machine:
On the linux machine:
2.4Ghz/1Gib Ubuntu 10.04
Both are the most recent beta3
Bug reports should go to:
and check to see if there is a related bug & if not file a new bug.
Additionally you can also post on the dev list as well.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-users] Beta 3; No Context Menus & Program Stops Responding||Terry Warby <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: JRE not found on Mac
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Bug 31716 - [UI]: Context menu waits several seconds before appearing
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Beta 3; No Context Menus & Program Stops Responding
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Beta 3; No Context Menus & Program Stops Responding