On 21 November 2010 20:17, Andy Brown <andy@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:

On Sun Nov 21 2010 11:56:47 GMT-0800 (PST)  Terry Warby wrote:

 Downloaded Beta 3 for Linux (deb) and Windows this morning and loaded
them on my desktop machine. This is dual booted, Win 7 and Ubuntu/Xubuntu
each on their own hard drive, 2.5GB Ram. On ubuntu/xubuntu there are no
problems (so far), but on Win 7 Pro I find that there are no context menus
in Write or Draw when right clicking. In addition, if I click on the any of
the main menu items, such as File or Format, the program stops responding.
In short, the program is unsuable. Checking out the task manager, I find the
CPU cycles are sky high (80%+) when the program stops responding.

I've also downloaded and installed OOo 3.3 RC5 for comparison purposes and
don't have the same problem. Neither did I have the problem with LibO 3.3
Beta 2 so I strongly suspect a serious bug. Has anybody else reported this
behaviour; surely it can't be peculiar to my machine? I have a WinXP virtual
machine but haven't tried that yet.

If its a confirmed bug, how do I report it formally?

TerryW

This may help  http://en.libreofficeforum.org/node/79 .

Andy, thanks for the response. Tried this and it had no effect. I removed
all the unwanted dictionaries etc, and one or two other extensions, turned
off the computer, re-booted, started LibO. Still no context menus on right
click and the program still stops responding. Makes me think there may be
something a little more fundemental!

Terry W