Re: [libreoffice-users] Beta 3; No Context Menus & Program Stops Responding

On 21 November 2010 20:17, Andy Brown <andy@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:

> On Sun Nov 21 2010 11:56:47 GMT-0800 (PST) Terry Warby wrote:
>
>> Downloaded Beta 3 for Linux (deb) and Windows this morning and loaded
>> them on my desktop machine. This is dual booted, Win 7 and Ubuntu/Xubuntu
>> each on their own hard drive, 2.5GB Ram. On ubuntu/xubuntu there are no
>> problems (so far), but on Win 7 Pro I find that there are no context menus
>> in Write or Draw when right clicking. In addition, if I click on the any of
>> the main menu items, such as File or Format, the program stops responding.
>> In short, the program is unsuable. Checking out the task manager, I find the
>> CPU cycles are sky high (80%+) when the program stops responding.
>>
>> I've also downloaded and installed OOo 3.3 RC5 for comparison purposes and
>> don't have the same problem. Neither did I have the problem with LibO 3.3
>> Beta 2 so I strongly suspect a serious bug. Has anybody else reported this
>> behaviour; surely it can't be peculiar to my machine? I have a WinXP virtual
>> machine but haven't tried that yet.
>>
>> If its a confirmed bug, how do I report it formally?
>>
>> TerryW
>>

> This may help http://en.libreofficeforum.org/node/79 .
>
> Andy, thanks for the response. Tried this and it had no effect. I removed
all the unwanted dictionaries etc, and one or two other extensions, turned
off the computer, re-booted, started LibO. Still no context menus on right
click and the program still stops responding. Makes me think there may be
something a little more fundemental!

Terry W