Base and some of its limitations (including enbedded HSQLDB) are well
described here:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/FAQ_(Base)

The last two times I needed a multi user database accessible over the web I
went with a LAMP approach.  The *upfront* set up and learning curve was
higher but *less* time is required over the life of the project
(development & maintenance) as these tools have exceptional stability and
performance, have very few bugs, excellent documentation and require no
client side maintenance.  AND, it's far more rewarding developing the
application versus fighting the bugs and limitations of your tools ... as
often happens when using Access, Base and their like (been there, done
doing that).

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com>