I use the Drawing options of
View > Toolbar > Drawing
that will place some drawing options toolbar on the bottom "panel" of Writer [4.2.x]. Then I just anchor the line to the paragraph or text.

As for printing PDF and fonts shown/embedded in other posts, I tend to use doPDF for Windows to print out a nice PDF file that embeds whatever font[s] I choose to use. I have some weird ones that seem not to embed in the "Export to PDF" option[s] within Writer. doPDF creates a new "printer", that look like it is a physical one. I have been using this PDF "printer" long before LibreOffice ever came out and I just plainly use it as my default printer for all my Windows systems.

I hate using those "auto replacement" options, since there are times when they get in the way of some of my document editing between Word and Writer.