I was able to recreate this with Fedora 20 and LO 4.3.1 - has this been reported as a bug? If not I have an account and I can log it.

A few observations:

 * I don't think this is strictly a landscape issue. The problem occurs
   with portrait also
 * As you mention, the problem occurs with multiple horizontal lines.
   One line is okay
 * If you go through the laborious task of putting blank lines and then
   three dashes, enter,... the document looks okay. A tedious
   workaround if required.

Cheers