Vince

In respect of the empty files -

     *  Which version of LibreOffice are you using?
     *  Which distro are you using?
     *  Which desktop?
     *  Is it causing you any hardship?
Alex

On Thursday 16 Jan 2014 10:10:31 Vince Radice wrote:
It is Thursday morning.  I looked and there were 10 empty files in the
backup directory from 10:49 pm to 10:50 pm.  When I tried to bring the
database down this morning, it would not come down - Starter was not
responding.  I waited several times to see if it would clear up and
end.  Nothing.  I finally terminated the application.  Started Calc to
cause the recovery procedure to work. Recovery was successful and no
data was lost.

I still cannot figure out what is causing the problem.  I had thought
that leaving it up overnight would create the files.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?  Any options that might need to
be changed.

Here is a link to a screen print of my LO Load/Save options.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7LR6zNWsAKRHY2dS1BdTNYQW8/edit?usp=sharing

As for the change to a different backend, I am open to suggestions. The
size of my database now is about 900k.  I make a few additions each
week.  So a small and fast is appropriate.  I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Vince