On 18.11.2013 15:02, Helen wrote:
L) frustration -- trying to write a letter for the national office of an
organization.   I have five items that I want to number.  LO insists upon
giving me a number I don't want every time I hit "return" and it also
insists upon indent in places I don't want.   I backspace to remove the
indent and it then won't let me have a return-line space.
If you formatted one paragraph as numbered via click onto the symbol for "numbering" (don't know, if it is the right name for the symbol in english...), the next paragraphs will be formatted with numbers and indents. If you want a line-space within a paragraph without an new number, use "shift-return". If you want to disable formatting as "numbering" click again onto the symbol for "numbering".

Hope, this helps...

How can I turn
off all automatic  formatting?
See the other posts.