A customer can compromise on fetaures but not on stability
Actually, from what I've gathered from this list, it seems the problems
half the time are new features that users want, and half the time bugs.
Well, maybe not exactly a 50-50 split, but still. Yes, there are a few
complaints about things that work in MS Office that don't work in LO,
and users could end up going back to MS Office if they can't do what
they are used to in LO. But there are also things users want to do that
don't exist in MS Office. Those features would make a compelling reason
to switch, if LO could do stuff that MS Office couldn't that people
found usefull. I think there is enough demand from users for new
features that devs are caught in a catch-22. If they develop new
features and forget about the bugs, people complain the software is not
stable, if they only fix bugs, people demand new features and complain
the product is stagnating. There are only so many devs, so they do the
best they can. And in order to get new features *and* new bug fixes
out, they need to release often. I say kudos to them, I think they're
doing a great job.

So no, I don't think users *can* compromise on features. Some can, but
others can't. The devs need to balance the two.

 The customer will always demand for something. If we treat customers like
a baby the we will know quickly that all that the customer demands is not
good for the customer but since we are treating the customer like a baby we
will give him goodies that he will appreciate later. We should not give
into what the customer wants "now" (at least not with LO) because in the
end LO is going to very stable and popular. So, why we should take a risk
by giving into customers demands and make LO a non-stable product.

I have worked with a customer who wanted 24 hours monitoring of his systems
and I really didn't like because I knew that it is not going to solve his
problems. So, I raised this issue everytime and eventually he relented and
then I fixed many bugs (crashes, etc) because I got time to fix them and
eventually the customer became happy. This customer was not all happy for
more than a year but when I arrived, I knew what was good for the customer
and I didn't give into his demands but I gave him but he wanted in 4 months
and he was very happy in the end.

Regards,
Amit