We try our best to help as much as we can, but sometimes those of us who are reading these lists do not have an answer.

Yes, we "talk" about other issues than LibreOffice on some of these lists, but it should not be the main reasons to "come and read them".

For the past few weeks, the questions I see are not something I could help with. At least I was not sure of an answer and let others put in "their two cents worth".

Yes, having cross-platform packages really are nice. I run Ubuntu Linux most of the time, but I do need to use Windows once in a while due some non-cross-platform packages. So, when I am using Windows on a laptop [not my main desktop since it is Ubuntu only] then I do not need to have a different package for my "office suite needs". That is really one of the best features of using LibreOffice - the cross-platform usability.

Yes, LibreOffice is not like many packages, since it is was designed to be used on many different platforms, and not just the ones listed. Our developers are working hard to make LibreOffice work on as many platforms as they can. They are working on making tablet versions, other than Windows OS tablet-like, touch screen, laptop devices. An Android version is being worked on, but due to the limits of program space and other limitations, that LibreOffice will not be as fully functional as the Windows, Mac OS X, and various other Linux-based systems. Also, there are tools to help make our office suite work "better" with certain platforms. I use a 4 core Ubuntu desktop. It was a "better than middle of the road" system when I bought it. Right now, there is a emerging market for LibreOffice using the Raspberry Pi system that has some different Linux OS options. That system's developers seem to have ported LibreOffice to work the best they can to their system. The figures I have heard from a "web cast" is they have reached the million unit mark. Sure, not all of these usints will be running LibreOffice, but are being used for so many other options than a traditional computer, but the whole idea was that LibreOffice currently the only office suite that was ported to Raspberry Pi. People are able to get LibreOffice to work on many more systems than is listed on our download site.

The re-training aspect is the one key aspect for moving from MSO to LibreOffice. For that, many people I have talked to do not want to switch. They will keep on using other packages they are "use to using" instead of taking the short amount of time to see how easy LibreOffice is in "getting use to". I switched to Linux as my main system in 2009, before LO came in to being, so I had only one choice, OpenOffice.org. Since LibreOffice is the best fork of that older package, I was able to easily switch. Yes, I am guilty of the "suing the same package that I am use to using" issue/excuse. I have a preferred "paid for" graphics package that has not ported to any other system. It is a Win-only package. Yes, I am learning GIMP for my Linux-based systems, but after using a package for over 10 to 15 years, it is "hard to switch" and re-trin myself to be able to use a different package as well as the one I prefer to use.

I stopped getting MSO at the 2003 mark. One reason was the fact that MSO "changed everything" to my view back them when MSO '07 came out. I kept using it till I had a real big push to start using a different package. Now, I "struggle" with someone else's system when they only have MSO '07 'or '10 installed. I am now use to using LibreOffice now.

As for the "multi-workplace" option[s] in a Linux based system [yes OS X is sort of Linux based], I do not really use them. I do know of others who really need to use them. I know of a few Windows user who would love to be able to have that option.

So to answer the "question" of "no answers to my question", like I stated before, sometimes we do not have a solution to the issue and we just do not reply to the question and say that. That seems to be a fact of life, in the technology world. YET, sometimes we might have enough idea[s] to try to work with the user and figure out were the problem comes from and solve it in the trial-and-error method. Sometimes that is the only way.

I had an issue with duplex printing on Ubuntu with some printers. The solution was not obvious to see. The check box solution was not even a part of the Window's version of Tools > Option > LibreOffice > General dialog box. I needed to check the "Use LibreOffice dialogs" in the "Print dialogs" section. That was not an option available with the Windows version. Why did that simple check box option make the issue[s] go away on the printers that would not duplex directly from LibreOffice's printing system, no one knows. It is just something that corrected the problem using the "lets see what that does" trial-and-error method of figuring out a solution. That was many month ago for me, so the underlying issue[s] may have been "fixed" in the newest version of our great package. I just have checked that out, since that printer is at its "end of life" and is kept around just for its stand-alone FAX option.

So, in my "long winded" "talk" here, I hope that people will try LibreOffice and help others with "working around" any issues that might come up untill our fine developers - volunteers - have fixed the issues.