On 5/22/2013 07:13, V Stuart Foote wrote:
So, use the "respond to all" option of your email reader of choice, it SHOULD pick up the mail list address. Delete the "other" direct addresses. And finally TRIM away any of the extra crud in the message. Leave just enough for the message to stand on its own, but not be distracting either to read--or when viewed in context in a News group reader or a web archive like Nabble. Stuart

That's one of the nice things about Thunderbird: I have a "Reply List" button that replaces "Reply All" when a message comes from what I consider to be a properly-behaved list server. I also have the option to reply just to the original author of a message. If the list server has the list as the "Reply-To" address, then "Reply" goes to the list and "Reply All" creates the duplicate message to the original poster.

Dave