Hi :)
Ahh, i didn't need to create new workspaces.  I just liked that i
seemed to be able to navigate to existing ones using an easy key
combination.  Something like;
Ctrl/Apple-key/Alt and keyboard arrows

 hadn't previously realised Apple even had the workspaces idea
built-in.  About a decade ago i wouldn't have recognised it nor realised
 how useful it is.  Now that i have used non-Windows OSes i did recognise
it.

Hmmm, that just led me to trying similar combinations on
Ubuntu and i just found that pressing the 'Windows' key and holding it
down brought up an overlay/pop-up that shows "Keyboard Shortcuts".  Is that just in Unity?  So i
have just learned i can switch workspaces by pressing;

Ctrl Alt arrow-keys
and that deals with 1 of the problems i've had with Unity.

'Obviously' in Unity if you just tap the 'Windows' key it brings up the "Dash Home" which shows
thumbnails of recently used apps and recently used files (potentially embarrassing if you have been
working on confidential files or some such).  To get the elegant looking pop-up/overlay i held down
the button for a while.

I wonder

1.  Why Ubuntu keyboards still use the MS logo on their 'Windows' key
2.  If the police (or some such) will burst into my home and arrest me for scratching that logo out
and painting a penguin on.

Regards from
Tom :)