Hi :)
Yes, i can see your point and agree with it somewhat.

However i wanted to point out that without new features LO falls behind the competition and fails
to attract new people to join in.  With the new features people are attracted to it because it
becomes clearer that just about anyone can get involved.  Like with the early stages of an app
store.  You don't have to apply for a job and go through the recruitment process and promise stuff
and commit to a contracted number of hours to do as you are told for a time period of a year or
something.  Like with an app store people can just jump in, do their thing, maybe take on more and
walk away when they feel like it or if other commitments take over.  Just how easy is it to get the
chance to write something that gets released within a year if trying to add functionality to MS
Office?  So, new features are important for many reasons.

Also that a shed load of work has gone into LO that will make it easier to hunt down and fix bugs
where previously it would have been a complete nightmare.  We can start to expect more bugs to get
fixed now.  The momentum is changing from cleaning to doing.

Regards from

Tom :)