On 02/11/2013 12:30 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
When you get to the s in desktop-integration try pressing the tab key and watch the rest of the
line get put in for you ;)

I agree with Marc and feel compelled to point out that normally installing stuff is much easier on
Gnu&Linux, and safer.  It's because we are all trying to do something unusual, something that we
wouldn't normally do, that it's getting complicated.

Normally i wouldn't even have to download anything from a website using a web-browser or visit sites i could never
entirely be certain of or trust friends or a shop that might not know everything to watch out for.  Normally i just
open my "Package Manager" instead of a web-browser.  Then i tell it roughly what i want.  Even if i don't
know a name it gives a bunch of choices.  I click on one or more of the choices and click the "Install"
button.  From then on the package manager looks after updating it for me and making sure it doesn't break or get
corrupted or anything.  It just does the whole job of downloading, installing and updating.

Regards from
Tom :)

/snip/

This is the Microsoft/Apple/Ubuntu attitude. If you want a nanny, use one of those. What do you do when you need something that's NOT in your repo? LightScribe, frinstance? You'd better learn how to use either rpm or deb, whichever your system uses, or you will be smothered by those four walls you have allowed some distro to erect around you!

--doug