Hi :)
I think AOO and LO have different niche markets they are more suitable for.  Oddly the niche for
AOO is currently finding LO to be a better choice for them but this may settle down in a few years
with people eventually settling for the one that really does fit them better.  Of course with the
rapid pace of LO's community development and all other development too we may find that LO does fit
that niche better by then.

I think one of the main strengths of both projects is that the other one does exist and is easy to
migrate to.  Both are different enough that a calamity for one might be beneficial for the other.
Both projects are able to focus on what they do best without having to worry about covering all
options.  Then remember there are loads of other projects such as Caligra/KOffice, Google-docs,
Gnome Office and many others that have already settled into their respective niches but are still
growing into other areas incrementally.  Any or all could take over the areas dominated by AOO and
LO at the moment.

"United we stand".  Why let people push us into arguing between projects?
Regards from
Tom :)