VA,

be dumped in Freiburg ?".

V> MS must use several different methods of pushing its Office. My Sony laptop
V> came with Win7 and a "Starter" version of Office. I have a stripped down
V> version of Word and Excel. Many advanced functions are missing and I have
V> banner ad reminders to buy the full version, but the software doesn't seem
V> to be "time bombed." I've had it for two years now and it still works.
Just a thought of an average user.

Microsoft is forced by the European community to give user the choice
what browser they want to use (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari ...).
Microsoft even got a penalty for refusing it.

It would be a nice option, if a buyer of a computer can select as well
which office suite he want to use. Let say MSO, OO or LO.
This could increase the number off users using LibreOffice. To reach
this goal TDF needs to start a lobby in Brussels.

Greetings,

Piet Jan Koeleman.