On 21.11.2012 12:11, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:
On 21/11/2012 at 03:13, rost52 <bugquestcontri@online.de> wrote:

Both aspects together is a chance for LibO and AOO. I am looking forward to
the announcement that  both teams tie up, slow down the development of new
features and substantially reduce the bugs.
This is very unlikely.

As I read LO new features announcements, I see that most of these are made
with MSO compatibility in mind. Saying "LO devs should stop developing new
features" sounds like "LO devs should stop caring about MSO compatibility",
which is contrary to many users expectations.
Dear Miroslaw & other LibO folks,
I do absolutely not agree: I cannot see that anyone on this list should have said that "LO devs should stop developing new features"! But at least me - repeatedly since January - and some others too have claimed that the LO devs should "stop stop developing new features until there is a certain LibO-version that is completely free of bugs and misfunctions" (and from that version on continue developing what ever).

With such a version free of bugs and any kind of problems the people in Freiburg should never have even discussed the possibility to skip OO/LibO. No one - not in Freiburg or in other places, in companies or in private - can afford to waste time and energy playing with a program that does not work, no matter if caused by bugs or no-working functions or bad instructions. Better then to get the works done by paying some money to MS - in the long run it is cheaper.
I think that is obvious.
regards
Pertti Rönnberg