On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, Girvin R. Herr wrote:

Okay, I was incorrect. I thought I did open a PDF in Writer. But it must have been Draw, not Writer. Sorry. I just did some work on this problem and discovered a way to do it. Here is what I did:

  In Writer,
  Insert -> Object -> OLE Object ->
  In the dialog that comes up, Click on "Create from file" at the top.
  In the dialog that comes up, Click on "Select..." to bring up the
  file browser.
  Select the PDF file you want to insert.
  Click on "Open".
  Click on OK.

Girvin,

  Thank you. I think that converting .pdf to .eps will be quicker so I'll
try that first.

Much appreciated, both of you,

Rich