Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

On 10/31/2012 06:57 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
On 10/30/2012 07:52 PM, avidscavenger wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I am currently using LibreOffice 3.6.3 from the Debian experimental
repository. I just updated from version 3.5.4 from the Debian unstable
repository to see if it would make a difference (it didn't). Debian doesn't
package the Graphite fonts so I have downloaded and installed them from

I have tried other methods for generating PDFs - both CUPS-PDF and
Print-to-file. These methods produced PDFs that looked the same but had no
text encoding - ie not searchable or text-selectable.

The printed version is perfect in every case. My concern is to generate a
PDF that both looks perfect and is searchable.

I am attaching the relevant files following Tom's instructions.


test.odt <>
test.pdf <>

Sorry but I cannot get the results you have.
I use 3.5.7 from LO's site and the fonts are from "wherever" since I do 
not know if I got them from LO or from some other source.

Build ID: 3fa2330-e49ffd2-90d118b-705e248-051e21c

Version (Build ID: da8c1e6)

Both linux (.deb versions).

$ apt-cache policy fonts-linuxlibertine
  Installed: 5.1.3-1
  Candidate: 5.1.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 5.1.3-1 0
        500 precise/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ apt-cache policy ttf-linux-libertine
  Installed: 5.1.3-1
  Candidate: 5.1.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 5.1.3-1 0
        500 precise/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ apt-cache policy texlive-fonts-extra
  Installed: 2009-10ubuntu1
  Candidate: 2009-10ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 2009-10ubuntu1 0
        500 precise/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Libertine G and Biolinum G fonts have been bundled with LO since LO 3.3:


I extract the
file that the OP refers to <>, and find that
the fonts are .ttf. They are the same one's that are bundled with LO:

$ ls /home/gl/tempdir/testing/LinLibertineG
ChangeLog             LinBiolinum_R_G.ttf     LinLibertine_R_G.ttf
doc                   LinBiolinum_RI_G.ttf    LinLibertine_RI_G.ttf   README
GPL.txt               LinLibertine_DR_G.ttf   LinLibertine_RZ_G.ttf   src
LICENCE.txt           LinLibertine_RB_G.ttf   LinLibertine_RZI_G.ttf
LinBiolinum_RB_G.ttf  LinLibertine_RBI_G.ttf  OFL.txt

$ locate LinBiolinum_R_G.ttf

$ locate LinLibertine_R_G.ttf

Perhaps I'm missing the 'graphite' bits? When I follow the instructions
in <> everything matches.

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.