Why would 3.6.2.2 [for 64-bit Ubuntu] give you the problem when 3.5.7.2 [for 64-bit Ubuntu] does not give the same issue to me.

That is a real head-scratching problem for me.

I downloaded my versions of the fonts in June of 2011. If you want, I can upload the Linux Libertine fonts files I use to a place where you can download then and check them.

As I said, my Ubuntu 3.5.7 version of LO is not showing me the issue you are showing with 3.6.2.2.