On 10/23/2012 07:44 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Most studies about desktop users are funded  by MS.  It's pretty rare to see one that mentions
OpenSource at all.  Mysteriously, the ones that get published tend to favour MS, so it's really
quite amazing to find one that might be independent and might even discover some truths.  So, I
think anyone that can take the survey might well be helping both us and the people doing the survey.

https://limesurvey.sim.vuw.ac.nz/index.php?sid=14153%E2%8C%A9=en

It doesn't take long to complete the survey and it can be done in chunks quite easily.  I think we should
support it so i am forwarding it to another couple of lists.  It's interesting that their definition of
'newcomer' (they mean someone in LO around 2 years or less) covers just about everyone using LO.  I wasn't in
OpenOffice.org but i get the impression that there are significant differences in infrastructure, attitudes
and approach.  Also their definition of "member" is a lot more open than TDF's so if
you are not officially a member then you can probably still fill it in.

Remember that you must be a contributor though. A user who just asks questions on the user forum should not fill out the survey. If you regularly help others on the user forum, I would say you're easily a contributor, but a person who only asks a question here or there, probably shouldn't fill out the survey

Regards,
Joel